Welcome to the Official Arab Horse Society of South Africa Website
Our main objective is to promote and encourage the breeding and improvement of Arab, Shagya Arab, Anglo Arab, part-bred Arab, part-bred Shagya Arab, Pintabian and Foundation Pintabian horses
The objectives of the Society shall be −
- To promote and encourage the breeding and improvement of Arab, Shagya Arab, Anglo Arab, part-bred Arab, part-bred Shagya Arab, Pintabian and Foundation Pintabian horses (hereinafter referred to collectively as horses) in the Republic.
- To maintain unimpaired the purity of the Arab and Shagya Arab horses in the Republic and to promote interest in these breeds by all possible and available means.
- To compile, keep and maintain accurate records of the pedigrees and particulars of all purebred Arab and Shagya Arab horses for the purposes of registration with the Association and in the Stud Book.
- To keep accurate records of Anglo Arab, part-bred Arab, Pintabian and Foundation Pintabian horses in the Republic.
- To guide and assist members with the purchase and sale of horses.
- To promote sales of registered or recorded horses and/or horses eligible for registration or recording
- To provide for the formation of classes for horses at shows, to nominate judges who are considered qualified and competent to judge these breeds; and to impress upon Agricultural Societies and others, the advisability and necessity of appointing only judges recommended by the Society.
- To hold judges' courses from time to time to qualify members and interested persons as official judges of the Society.
- To allow and encourage the formation of Provincial Clubs to further the objectives of the Society.
- To annually compile a list of qualified judges that will serve as a panel of judges at shows of the Society and to state in such a list each class